- Cost: $685
- Course Materials: $35
- Time: 9am-5pm
- Course Dates: 10 May 2020
- **Ask about our discount options**
The Halo® Training program – high intensity, interval training is designed for fitness instructors teaching high intensity group classes and individual clients. More than just a prop, the Halo Trainer Plus is featured as the basis for a complete training program that allows instructors to manipulate exercise attributes and intensity in individual training plans. Incorporating the basic science behind core-integrated bodyweight training, the unique design of the Halo® Trainer Plus and the use of a Stability Ball™ and additional small props, gives fitness trainers extensive and highly applicable tools.
The Halo Instructor Foundation Course presents the concepts of interval training principles and variables, the theories of both timed and repetition-based programs, and exercise sequences that progress through the beginner, intermediate and advanced levels (Level 1–4 Halo Training).
Note to course or workshop participants, Halo Instructor Training is a unique, high-intensity interval training program that requires a high level of fitness, and is not suitable for those recovering from injury, pre-natal/post-natal participants or those unused to cardio-based exercise.
Upon completion of one or both Instructor Foundation Course(s), participants will be able to teach the Halo Training method of exercise. Only upon the receipt of their certificate will they be entitled to identify themselves as a Halo Qualified Instructor.
The Halo Training System is applicable to all levels of clients and the workouts are designated in levels:
- Level 1 – Entry level to fitness. This client is healthy but new to Halo training and has engaged in some physical activity. Exercises are used for foundational training to build proper biomechanics and begin building muscular strength and endurance
- Level 2 – Moderate fitness level. This client has been working out regularly at least 2–3 times week for 3–6 months with bodyweight training or resistance training or has progressed from the Level 1 Halo training and can apply the principles of core stabilization effectively
- Level 3 – Good fitness level. This client has been working out consistently at least 4–6 times a week for 8–12 months and is ready for additional challenge in a workout. These exercises are very challenging and require greater core stabilization and upper and lower body strength
- Level 4 – Experienced exerciser or competitive athlete. This client has mastered all three previous levels and can perform expert level exercises
General course objectives
- Learn the history of the Halo Training principles and variables and how they can be used to create intensive training plans for group classes and individuals
- Understand the concept and value of interval training
- Learn how to use the Halo Trainer Plus alone or with other props to create intensive workouts
- Explore different types of exercise intervals, i.e. timed and repetition-based
- Learn full curriculum of the beginner, intermediate and advanced movement patterns of the Halo Training System
Halo® Training Instructor Foundation Course, Part 1
Part 1 of the Halo Training Instructor Foundation Course provides groundwork education for Instructors, facilitating safe, effective and varied core-integrated body weight training programs, using the unique design of the Halo Trainer Plus, Stability Ball™ and a Resistance Loop™ band. More than just a prop, the Halo Trainer Plus is featured as the basis for a complete training program allowing instructors to manipulate exercise attributes and intensity in individual training plans for Level 1 clients. The course presents the concepts of interval training principles and variables, the theories of both timed and repetition-based programs, and exercise sequences that are applicable to any healthy client new to Halo Training. Discover the model for movement mastery in this interactive learning session and take away a plethora of detailed exercises in eight complete workouts, including one designed for a group class setting.
- 7 hours
Continuing education credits (CECs)
- STOTT PILATES: 0.7
- REPs: 7.0
- canfitpro: 4.0
- ACE: 0.7